Monday, September 13, 2010

Yeah I get it, I speak before I think

I have a "no soliciting please" sign on my front door yet I still have strangers coming to the door looking for me to switch utility companies, switch security companies or sponsor something or other.

This afternoon it was a sponsorship and I told the representative that we support other causes but have a nice day and good luck on your quest. He asked me if we'd consider supporting his cause and I said flat out no. He asked me why and what pops out of my mouth?

We support what is close to our hearts and that's the way we roll.

THAT'S THE WAY WE ROLL????

Where did that come from? Did I forget that I'm white?

I think I actually sounded just a bit like Optimus Prime for a minute. What's his tag line? Autobots ROLL out?

1 comment:

Goofball said...

is that a weird phrase? I'm clearly a non-native speaker :p