Thursday, September 09, 2010

It was bound to happen sooner or later

JT asked me if he could host a Halloween party for him and his friends.





Unlike some of my girlfriends I'm not really into Halloween so much. But I'm definitely into making my kids happy so I'll put some thought into it.





JT didn't think it was a big deal - after all I have grownup parties ALL THE TIME according to him.





So, what makes for a good Halloween kids party? How many kids maximum? What are some good games/activities the kids can do for cheap...because we all know how fast this will turn into a huge expense if I don't set some limits.



Send me your ideas and thoughts!!!


Does anyone even do bobbing for apples anymore?

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Now really how can you say 'No'? He was certainly given you enough notice to pull this off and he is getting older.

You could have fun with food. I know Auntie Lynn used to make Witch's finger cookies...half an almond for the fingernail and red cake gel squiggled across for a little blood!

Now the real question is...'Would JT want this to be a boy/girl party'????

Anonymous said...

I have a Halloween cookie pan that will shape sugar cookie dough into pumpkins, headstones etc. I have not tried it yet so I can't vouch if it works or not, but you are welcome to borrow it!

I've done pumpkin decorating in the past, with markers and such, as I get a bit nervous with bunches of kids running around with knives.

You can freeze juice in (clean) rubber gloves to make ghostly hands to chill the punch with...and if you can find a simple mask, you can tape over the eye/mouth/nose holes and freeze a "face" to add to the punch.

A friend made the cutest mummy cupcakes by icing white stripes over muffins and then adding eyes peeking our from between the white bands.

I have a few idea magazines if you would like to borrow them.

Dogwalkingmamma said...

What about a game where the kids have to feel different things, like spaghetti and you tell them it's a plate of worms, then they have to guess what it is. Or lasagna noodles in the shape of a brain, or cornstarch and water and say it's slim. Kinda fun and kinda messy kids will LOVE it!