Wednesday, January 06, 2010

You either love 'em or hate 'em

When you go out for dinner or drinks do you like a server who is interactive or someone who is just there to do their job with no frills.

I was listening to the radio the other day and one of the DJs were complaining that their waitress the night before was too 'in their face' and they just wanted to eat and go - not be entertained.

The DJs had a mini debate about what's better which inspired me to blog about it.

Aaron and I like the entertainment factor. We enjoy staff that are good at their job and like to chitchat. I don't mean we want a circus performance or anything, just someone who can answer questions, acknowledge our kids when they're speaking to them and bring us drink refills as we need them. Good service also means good tips!


WAITER OF THE YEAR:

MANOOSH

2 comments:

Alberta said...

For me...it's a tie between him and the one from Boleros!

You are quite right that good service=good tip. Some people think they are above serving but people I'm here to tell you that it's an art that some will never grasp!

Anonymous said...

Frank and I like a nice combination of chatty/leave us alone. We hit The KeG one night and were TOTALLY forgotten about. I had to get up twice to search out a waitress from another section to bring us the bill, she said she'd fing out waiter and never came back. We sat there for 40 min with dirty dishes/empty glasses littering the table. Needless to say, no tip, and our meals turned out to be Free! I guess it just depends on the type of resturant you are at as to what type of server you prefer.
Krista.