Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My couch needs a facelift




We've had this little blue couch in the playroom for a few years now and I think it desperately needs to be recovered. Without the flash on, it didn't look too bad BUT with the flash on you can see how it's faded really badly and the water stains from the last time I cleaned it. Note to self - never spot clean and always clean the entire couch to achieve an all over drying pattern and no water stains.
So, have you ever reupholstered your own furniture? Is it hard to do?
That wee little couch was almost $500. Ouch! We bought it from a store that caters to daycares and preschools so it was supposed to be the most durable. All in all, it's held up to the test construction wise it just looks yucky.
I wonder how much it will cost to have this job done professionally....

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I've done kitchen chair cushions before. A staple gun is needed. I don't know if your mom could sew a cover for the pillow?

Good Luck

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I helped Auntie Bebe do her couch once, she may have some tipe for you, and Uncle Steven is a great handy man who would definatley have tips as well! Good luck!
Krista.
P.S What did you pick up at teh book store? I rerley stay under budget in a book store!