Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Little Cupcake Shoppe is opening today!



Just what I need. A gourmet cupcake store in walking distance. In walking distance even with 6 kids with me no less. What were they thinking?

We got the now open flyer this week and went for a cupcake yesterday to find that they were indeed not open. Today is the grand opening.
JT could see someone inside so he just kept pulling on the door. Slightly embarrassing as I'm trying to holler over his "I see someone inside" yelling voice that "they're not open even though someone is inside".
Maybe it was pity but the store owner opened up and invited us in for a free cupcake. Heaven! These cupcakes were right up there with Crave cupcakes.
And as we were walking away what does JT say to me: "Does she think we're poor? Is that why she gave us a free cupcake? Is it because I have a hole in my pants?"
I tried to explain the whole deal of promotion and he didn't get it. So I simplified it to Random Acts of Kindness. I'm proud to say that he understood what that means.

4 comments:

Matt Caddel said...

I think it is funny that the cupcake shop is located between the gym and the vitamin suppliments store.

Mrs. M said...

I am so laughing my a$$ off at JT!! What a doll!
Have a cupcake for me...stuck in this sugar free, gluten free, dye free household...sigh..

Mrs. M said...

Hey...stop at the Frilly Lilly and then over for a cupcake to lesson the pain!

Jenn said...

I have to visit dowtown in the Towne soon. Look like lots of new stores.