Sunday, January 11, 2009

Is it bedtime for Thing One and Thing Two yet?

Love my boys but they've driven me crazy lately!!!
We went shopping for some preemie clothes for Liam and what an adventure that was! We started off on the ground floor at Sears and picked out 3 sleepers, a 5 piece layette, some receiving blankets and something special for Kathryn.
That was the easy part.
We waited in one lineup for about 10 minutes and were getting nowhere so we went to the exercise equipment right down the aisle where there was no customers standing in line yet the girl was too busy doing who-knows what on the phone and ignored me. So, then Alex has to pee so we trot upstairs to the 3rd floor by foot because someone has pushed the stop button on the escalators. We made it just in time, and then someone said to me, aren't your boys a bit old to be using the ladies room? Yeah, no. They're 5 and 7. I'm not about to let them into the men's unaccompanied thank you very much.
We paid for the baby items upstairs and the gifty for Kathryn was onsale BUT it came up at regular price and after 5 minutes of waiting we decided to pay for hers downstairs where the baby section SHOULD realize it's on sale. Yeah, no. After waiting in line for another 10 minutes they disagreed, so I put up a fuss and insisted they come with me to see that it is on sale. Which they did.
Was I a winner after all this fiasco? Nope, after the commotion of saving $4 (it was totally the principle at that point) and washing all of Liam's baby gear I realized that my 5 piece layette ONLY HAD 4 PIECES!!!
Now seeing as I have ZERO Liam pics to show you guys you'll have to settle for a pic of me:
Actually it's more my necklace than me. This was a holiday gift from Jenn, it has Joseph and Alex's name stamped in the pendant. It is beautiful and my fave piece of jewellry. A big thanks to Jenn!
And now that I've actually been serious about losing weight and toning up a bit I've discovered something that Michelle already knows about. They're muffin tops. Preservative free and taste FABULOUS! I know Michelle buys them online and freezes them BUT today while shopping Safeway I came across them. They are really tasty and have 7 grams of fiber in each one AND they don't taste like sawdust. I checked it out online and I think they're cheaper at Safeway but they only carry 2 flavours. So if you're looking for a healthy snack check out Vitalicious.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is one bad thing about big department stores, they are so ..... big...=)

Glad you like the necklace.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

WTF? Your boys are not too old to be in a ladies bathroom! What are there naked ladies walking around in there? Give me a break. I hope you told that bag where to stick it.

Mrs. M said...

Okay, I am so agreeing with Christine!!
It's not like they're 13!
And bathrooms are dangerous on so many levels cause it's a freaky world we live in and WTF again!! Okay, enough of my rant.
Love, love, LOVE the necklace. I've not seen one with the freshwater pearl/bead before....very chic & heartsy. Love it!