Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're back in the big city

We went to the cottage for a little R n R and to get away from the city living. It's strange not hearing the traffic 24/7. Actually it's pretty sad that I've gotten so used to it that the quiet was almost too quiet. I didn't say it WAS too quiet - ALMOST too quiet ( we did have Thing One and Thing Two out running around)

We left Friday morning bright and early just to get backed up in traffic. Why on earth would the province think a Friday in August would be a good time to move power lines over the highway - I have no idea. But we finally arrived:

And started with some gardening:





And then some water fights. Please note the interesting water cannons:




And then there was some wicked bubble making. Wicked good not wicked bad:




And then Joey kicked everyone's butt at badminton. Besides fishing that has got to be his number one activity right now. Which I love because it's the only one I don't completely suck at and I can actually keep up to him:







We went to the campgrounds Saturday for some visiting with the extended family and then played some cards. Both boys were in bed 8 - 8 :30 both nights....sigh...it was heaven....must be all that fresh country air - or the running around, I was also in bed by 10:30 both nights, lol!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great weekend. I know what you mean about it being almost too quiet. The noise and bustle of the city are hard to leave behind. Pretty bad when the chirp of the crickets can keep you up, while you can sleep through semi trucks and sirens back at home.

Mrs. M said...

What a lovely weekend. Looks like a superspot!
And hey, the bubbles! Did you make the solution yourself? They're HUGE!
I bought big wands for my 1 yr old's bday...and they totally sucked...broke within seconds and not a bubble to be found!

Alberta said...

Wow, what a great weekend you had! Does Grandma & Grandpa have any peas left in their garden? I'm just starting to get a few!

Water fights, fishing, bubble making and badminton...no wonder you all slept so well!

sari said...

water fights always = fun!!!