Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Thing One and Thing Two are on holidays!



This was a FIRST ladies and gentlemen.


My youngest son, whom I've always thought was definitely a mama's boy has gone on a holiday to Nannie and Papa's house with his brother. And. Without. His. Mama.


I wasn't sure whether to be really happy about this or really sad.
For this moment I'm really happy about it. Aaron and I have checked out a kazillion things off our to-do list.
  • went to see The Dark Knight
  • went out for dinner to a restaurant with cloth napkins
  • went to IKEA
  • assembled Alex's new furniture
  • enjoyed every inch of our queen size bed to ourselves, no starfish in the middle
  • painted Joey's table/chair
  • rearranged the boys bedrooms
  • attempted shopping for back to school clothes

Really it feels like we've done so much more. And in the midst of all this Aaron had to work late and has hockey tomorrow night so it has cut into our grown up time but it's been great.

I talked to the boys this morning and I was silently preparing myself to have to drive after work to pick them up but they're loving it at Nannie and Papa's and said 'see you Friday'.

Love love love those boys! And of course Nannie and Papa for giving us a little peace and solitude. For this I WILL NOT be dressing my mom in funny clothes when/if she's in a nursing home. Note to mom - you may want a hard copy of that promise, ha ha.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Thanks Lesley...I feel better knowing you can dress me up before I go into the nursing home!!!!

Seriously the boys are doing well, but I miss the one on one interaction. Perhaps the next visit(s) will be solo....just more trip for pick up and drop off! But we'll have to check the school schedule and try and coordinate something.

Til then...SHHH!!!! They're still sleeping! :)

Allie said...

Okay, I almost peed reading the nursing home comment. I think that I might just have to use that over my mom's head when asking her to take my monkeys for a weekend ........