Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day!











Today the boys and I went to the zoo. We haven't been for awhile and boy were we ever surprised by the renovations. They've been working on re-doing the front entrance forever and it's almost complete. It looks amazing! We were renewing our passes and it was quick and easy although somehow I managed to get "bunny ears" in my zoo pass picture...er...Thanks Aaron...NOT! I'm sure I'll laugh about it every time I use my zoo pass.

The weather was fabulous! Not too hot, not too cold, hardly any bugs although quite a few animals were sleeping.
We still managed to do half of the Canadian Wild, all of Africa and Australia, and Butterfly Gardens.
For the rest of the day we've just been hanging around the house enjoying the quiet. Aaron even had a nap. What's up with that? I've finished my prep for next week's card class and am working on cleaning the filing cabinet and shredding....borrrrrrrring, I know, but it's got to be done.
Hope everyone enjoyed their day!

3 comments:

Tracy DeLuca said...

Looks like fun! Our zoo here is very small but the boys still love it. Isn't it great to watch them discover and learn?

Anonymous said...

OH!! How's the elephant exhibit? What have they done with it? When we left, it was still in the works... If you have pictures, I'd love to see them.

Goofball said...

hihi It looks funny when you open the page: "happy Canada Day" combined with a picture of a lion and a giraffe. Hmm very native animals ;)

Yeah Calgary Zoo is a fun place!