Wednesday, July 09, 2008

And we're off to the Stampede tomorrow evening

Yippeekiyay!

Without the boys of course, we're off to the stampede tomorrow night with Leanne and Andrew.


I've got a few key things to check out. 3 out of 4 are deep fried. Yep, I'll be wearing a loose fitting skirt for sure!
Okay the first is Mini Donuts , oh how I love me some mini donuts. Most people don't know that I spent one summer working at Calaway Park making these yummy treats. For years I couldn't stand the smell of them but eventually I got over it. Then there's the Deep Fried Coke. Cindy was telling me about this the other day. Apparently it's coke flavoured batter that's deep fried like a funnel cake and then topped with coke flavoured syrup. If you like coke it definitely has potential.And then the ultimate in sinfulness. A Deep Friend Mars Bar. I mentioned this tonight at stamp class and most of the ladies were surprised but intrigued. Except Kathryn. Apparently she's heard of this before. So, as I'm searching for the yummiest pic of a deep fried mars bar I came across a sentence that kept popping up about Scottish delicacies. Go figure. The scottish girl had heard of this before, lol.

And of course we'll be waiting in the big lineup to see the showhome. We buy tickets on it every year and obviously we haven't won it yet. But we still buy tickets and wait up on the last night of Stampede to watch the draw, and dream about what we'd do. Do you keep the house or sell it? I think we've decided every year for the past 4 years anyway that we'd move into our new house and use our existing house for dayhome only. ... I wish...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Dunno 'bout #2, but #'s 1 & 3 sound great!!!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I've had the deep fried mars bar before at a local scottish pub. After that I didn't have a sweet tooth for a long time.lol.

sari said...

The donuts look delicious!