Thursday, August 17, 2006

A pathetically quick update!

We finally made it home! For those of you like myself that don't travel often - MAKE SURE TO CONFIRM YOUR DEPARTURE TIMES! I almost made Aaron promise to not tell anyone but then he said "is this blog material, or what?"
I printed off our itineraries right from the website and apparently the flight changed from 19:55 to 17:55. Because we had the print out showing the previous time the airline tried their best to fit us on the next flight to Toronto but that just didn't happen so we caught the 22:00 flight at no charge to us. We just had to hang around the airport for an extra 3 hours. And with two tired little guys let me tell you it was not pretty!
So we arrived in TO at 12:15 ish and then caught the shuttle to the hotel which was not just down the road like we thought but a full 15 minutes through half of TO, on the other side of the 401...I was beginning to panic and thought our lovely shuttle driver could be the next serial killer, and the hotel was a dive to top it all off. The bathtub had the leaky faucet/rust stains and the ceiling was cracked and the area by the elevator smelled like crap, literally. If it weren't for the fact that we were totally exhausted and ready to pass out for a full three hours before hitting the road again for the final leg of our trip I think we would have rathered spend the night at the airport. I should never have watched the movie Hostel, I'm sure I slept with my eyes open!
But we did have an awesome holiday!!!!!!!!
I don't even know where to begin so I won't today. I think it'll take a few days to get it together first. We've got a family dinner tomorrow night and wedding Saturday night, there's just not enough down time!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to the rest of the details.

Anonymous said...

Lesley,
You should have told mom (Auntie Sharon) your travel plans! They could have picked you up at the airport and you could have had a decent nighst sleep ( plus the kids could finally have met!) Lots of family and friends use her place as a rest stop between flights, she loves it, gives her a chance to see family again! Keep it in mind for the next trip east!

New MrsIngram said...

Aww you totally should have called, mom is only 10-15 minutes away from the airport. We could have easily picked you back up so you could chill out again ... I hate ending a holiday like that. We spent the night in the airport in Toronto overnight due to late flights on our way back from the wedding .. total piss off!