Sunday, August 20, 2006

A kaleidescope look at our holiday



Here is Aaron in Peggy's Cove

The Beck's in Peggy's Cove

Here I am getting some special attention by the entertainment at the stagette

One of the highlights of the stagette...who knew it all started out as a joke?!?

The cousins...please note that Joseph and Alex really are the only boy cousins!

Joseph and Alex at Ritchie's Wharf the evening of Henry and April's wedding. I think it's my new favourite picture.



Well first I'll let you all know that the photos aren't uploading as smoothly as possible hence the kaleidoscope of shots rather than having them in some sensible order. There will be more to come though! Here's a glimpse of our activities on holiday:



Tuesday - we arrived in Halifax and went to Auntie Anne & Uncle Derek's house, then carried on to do a tour of JJ's ship HMCS Athabascan, Aaron also got to see real submarines and then we walked along the harbour a bit and took in the view of all the water



Wednesday -we headed to the Miramichi, taking the scenic route by St. Hubert for some chicken and then went to Uncle Paul & Auntie Cheryl's house where the boys could run free. I'm not sure what the big fascination was with the ditch but at any given time you could find my boys there, although on the last day we were there they actually found a frog. Gross!



Thursday -Aaron and I took the boys to collect seashells and got absolutely dumped on, I couldn't believe how much it rained but we endured it anyhow. Thursday night was the stagette which was an all around good time! We played games, had Hunter do performance after performance after performance, and headed out to do some karaoke. I really shouldn't be in charge of the microphone, although I'm not a good singer I gave it my all with the rest of the ladies to Sweet Caroline. The guys crashed our party at that point but like I said a good time was had by all!



Friday - We decorated the hall in the afternoon and then did laundry at the laundromat (woohoo) and had a fabulous dinner at Uncle Paul's & Auntie Cheryl's before the wedding rehearsal. I did the first reading at the wedding so I got to attend the rehearsal as well. Much much later that night the youngen's headed to the Opera House for some drinks and dancing. I'll tell you about the Opera House another time.



Saturday- The wedding day was a huge success! Everything went off without a hitch, the bride was stunning, the groom cleaned up very well and the wedding party was hot! The cutest had to be the three girls though, they were so adorable!



Sunday-We headed to Cavendish, PEI for our anniversary and stayed in a cottage by the ocean. We went to an amusement park that night and checked out the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum -pictures to come later-.



Monday - We actually went to the beach and let the boys frolick in the waves, Alex was way more interested in chasing seagulls but Joseph sure enjoyed the water, it was really warm too, plus 18! Then we headed to Burlington to go to Woodleigh Replicas where they have 30 or so miniature castles, cathedrals, famous buildings...it's on quite a few acres so the boys could run wild and burn off some energy before heading back to Halifax.



Tuesday-JJ the girls and my family headed to the Halifax Naval Museum which was interesting for the adults but a bit dry for the kids. After lunch we headed to the Discovery Center which all the kids loved! Tuesday night Moncia, JJ, Auntie Anne, Amy and Mitch (from Boystown, hee hee) took Aaron and I out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner which was a great time!



Wednesday-Aaron and I took the boys and Kelsey and Caitlynn to the Halifax Harbour for tattoos and to watch the buskers and then we kind of hung out and unwinded before heading to the airport for the journey home which I've already mentioned and don't care to rehash...



More pictures to come!



Aaron's favourite one liner from the trip was when he said to my cousin Mike who lives in PEI so there's water all around you?! And Mike replied 'well that is an island'

1 comment:

Lucie & Co. said...

I hope your flying mishaps haven't soured the boys on travelling long distances. They must have felt a little overwhelmed with all those girls. That picture at Ritchie Wharf is priceless. When you guys all get together to share pictures and anecdotes about the trip, keep me in mind for an invite.