Monday, August 21, 2006

Our sweet new bedroom suite!




After many many years of talking about we finally took the plunge and treated ourselves to new bedroom furniture. It all started when we came home from holidays and had the worst sleep of our lives on our bed, I tell you Monica and JJ's air mattress was much more comfortable and we didn't wake up all stiff and sore. So that was definitely a sign to get new mattresses. But once we got to the Brick and picked it out we thought we'd price out the furniture and it wasn't as much as we'd expected and we'd saved enough holiday money to break even and still have a bit left over so we thought , why not? Mom and Dad even got a brand new queen sized mattress/box spring for their boudoir. After making them replace the twin beds for my boys I knew I'd never live it down that we got a new set and they still had a 15 years + set. We didn't get a chance to paint the room before delivery but got the carpets/walls washed, now we just have to accessorize a bit and we're set. Little does Aaron know but I've ordered three huge glass/copper candle holders from Partylite...we'll just call it an anniversary gift for myself, ha ha!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

The bed skirt that came with the set you bought us for Christmas seems to work but we may need new curtains. Thanks for the offer!

Anonymous said...

Love the bedroom set! I think we have the exact same duvet cover set. Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Love the bedroom set! I think we have the exact same duvet cover set. Great minds think alike!