Thursday, July 13, 2006

A perfect Blue Collar Comedy moment...

So last night Aaron and I are driving down to the Stampede grounds and I say to Aaron "you know I was thinking about getting a few more highlights put in" and he says "for your hair?"and I said "no for the book I'm reading?!?"...here's your sign Aaron!

Anyways, in the spirit of Stampede I dug out my biggest belt buckle and tied my shirt up in the front...forgot the cowboy hat at home though -where's my sign?- we walked through the showhome and looked at all the big ticket prizes, Aaron's hoping for the house, truck/trailer or truck/seadoo/2 dirt bikes...I think last year we bought tickets on everything and won nothing so we only picked 3 things to try for this year.
I also picked up some mini donuts for myself and Aaron got his usual jumbo bag of cotton candy -there goes his diet, ha ha- other than that we just walked around. It was the same as every year which for us isn't so much of a big deal now but for newcomers it's amazing!
Aaron's hoping next year we'll have some company to go with us...any takers?

5 comments:

Blog U Say!!! said...

May need to be careful what you wish for. You never know who may show up next year.

Instead of vacationing this year we decided on the whole wedding thing but next years planning has begun and I think Monica and JJ were thinking about a vacation for next summer too. If we plan it together you may or may not be in for a big suprise.

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

HEY NOW.....dont forget about me and Jeff and Tic-tac...we have space here too in the Valley...

H

Lesley said...

I think everyone should come out West for a holiday there is so much to do here...Banff, Frank Slide, Calaway Park, Calgary Stampede, Drumheller just to name a few!
We'd love to have visitors! You're all welcome anytime!

Anne said...

As Brenda says, be careful what you wish for. Derek and I have also been talking about going your way next year for a vacation. You may end up with more visitors than you expect. Don't worry Heather, Auntie Anne won't forget to visit with you too.

Lucie & Co. said...

and don't forget Lucie's place for the overflow.