Saturday, July 29, 2006

Here's a "bloggable moment" for you Jenn!

Today I went for my facial at Eveline Charles which are known for being just awesome! So, I'm lounging in my soft fluffy robe, have my cleansing and exfoliating followed by some heavy duty scrutinizing under a huge magnifying glass (well that's what I pictured, I had my eyes covered) then on came the steam which I was just loving until wait, oh no, where'd the nice warm steam go? what's happening to me? oh my gawd, THE PAIN, THE PAIN!, my lovely esthetician ripped off a scab from where I had a blemish and started digging in my pores (cleaning them out is what she claims she was doing) I had tears in my eyes and everything and all I could think about is wait until I blog about this! Pathetic I know, but I really like the venting power of the blog!
The rest of the facial was uneventful but I think the whole experience was totally tainted by the pore digging, and my pores weren't even that clogged in my opinion.
So after the facial I headed on over to the neighbourhood spa to get my waxing done and my usual girl was running behind and kind of did a rush job leaving me with a few hairs here and there and some wax/cotton balls stuck to my dry knees and when I came home I found out that my undies had wax on them and had adhered to my skin. Ouch!

I can honestly say that I should not have left the house today, ha ha!

On a happier note, H finally made the announcement that Jeff and she are engaged. Yeah! I can't brag too much about not spilling the beans as I only found out on Friday a few hours before he popped the question. I'm sure we'll celebrate with Shirley Temples or something!

I've also got most of Alex's party stuff planned/bought. Aaron's got some pirate accessories, we looked at renting a costume but with his party being a Sunday and the next day being a holiday and we're flying out, it just wasn't do-able. Aaron was totally disappointed! So, we've got a treasure chest pinata and some pirate-y decorations to put up. I think our head count is 17 adults and 13 kids, should be a bloggin' good time!

3 comments:

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

at least you didnt wax yourself to the bottom of the tub?!?!?!

or did you???just kidding

H

Jenn said...

I have to coin that phrase. Maybe I'll go to Wikepida and enter my submisson.

Sorry that your day of beauty was not a good as hoped. I'll bring you cookies (healthy ones) on Wednesday. =)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as your last wax encounter. That one will go down in history.

Congrads Heather & Jeff!! Wow, good news does travel fast!