Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Call me crazy but I did it!



No, this is not my actual wedding dress, this isn't even a replica of my wedding dress. This is my forty dollar Sears dress which I'll be wearing to my fall Ladies Night Wedding Gala. The whole idea of the party is to have a few drinks, check out each other's wedding albums, swap wedding stories (I'm sure the fiasco of 250 helium balloons that fell the morning of my wedding will come up) and it may very well include a little partylite shopping -just in time for Christmas, ha ha! So, my friend Carrie gave me the great party idea so of course she will be invited with her Partylite gear and as hostess I felt that I should be in costume so voila! (It shows off my tan pretty well, eh?)

And of course Joeye's wee little "I'm gonna rope me a cowboy" cowgirl boots! Sorry they didn't make it for her July celebration but they'll be hand delivered so that makes it extra special, right?



So, tonight Heather and I had a busy night of walking the mall, trying on stuff (I actually tried on 5 gowns), dining on cinnamon buns, there goes the diet again, and I even had a nice little chat with an old school chum Linda (Hi Linda!). Apparently Linda's a blog fan, it makes it worthwhile knowing that people actually read it, even though sometimes it's a little boring like my great savings at Superstore and sometimes it's a little risque-Dorito Chip, need I say more.  In any case it's always nice to hear that people are checking up on us all over the country!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Very pretty dress, and I don't think you need to diet. You look great.

Jenn said...

Your dress is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You know, the helium balloon story is still my favourite wedding story of all time! So long squirting, rubbing, blowing and tying just to wake up and see them all around our feet. It may not have been all that funny at the time but I definitely laugh about it now. That story normally comes out every time I show someone the wedding tattoo. There will always be a place for you in my heart... and on my ankle.

Miss you!

Lesley said...

You're right April! I can totally laugh about it now but boy was I ever devastated that morning! Oh well, it makes for good stories...

New MrsIngram said...

My goodness I can't believe April came out to comment ????

I commented that those were the cutest cowboy boots ever but where did it go???

Ok and call me the pervert of the family but ... April come on "squirting, rubbing, blowing??" Haha I can't believe that's your first comment!

New MrsIngram said...

Ok so I thought April .. was Henry's April .. and now Henry and April are rolling around on the floor laughing at me .. I didn't realize there was a friend April ... see I try and pretend I'm paying attention but really I'm here for the jokes! In my defence April (our April) was telling your balloon story just the other day! Sorry April S (your April).

New MrsIngram said...

Really I only mean to poke fun at my own family .. LOL

Lesley said...

Girlfriend you crack me up!

Lucie & Co. said...

Since I was on the clean-up crew, I thought I'd share how we got rid of the balloons. When nobody was looking, I grabbed the string that tied them all together, pulled them out the side door, and let them float up intothe night sky. I didn't here any UFO stories the next day, so I assume they didn't attract too much attention. Can you imagine flying a jet liner and running into a mass of colored floating balloons!!