Sunday, July 23, 2006

3 swimming adventures in one day!

That is a new record for the Beck family!
The boys and I started our day with some hard-core cleaning before we headed out to Heather and Jeff's (that way I wouldn't feel guilty about Aaron having to work all weekend in this heatwave so I did my share of house work to make me feel like I earned the rest of the day off), So the boys hit the backyard pool first with Jeff while H and I visited, then we had lunch and headed off to the Turner Valley outdoor pool. I have to say that I was very impressed with it, it was really clean and not even very crowded. Joseph climbed up the diving board twice and climbed down twice, maybe next year. And Alex was just happy to cling on to Unka Jeff.
After the outdoor pool the boys 'hit the wall' and were getting really non-sensical and cranky so we loaded up and headed home where we received invite #3 to head on over to the neighbours pool after dinner to cool off. You didn't have to ask the kids twice! So, after dinner Braden popped over to say they were ready when we were ready, so about 30 seconds later we were bobbing around their pool. Joseph has now mastered the technique of wearing swim goggles and holding his breath under water! It was freaking me out a few times because he would be so still under the water but he was alright. And Alex was happy enough to walk the perimeter of their pool, it was nice that they could both touch the bottom with their heads above water! I can see we'll be putting them both in swimming classes this fall and maybe next year if we have room in our backyard we may have to buy something a little bigger than the 4ft. blowup pool, ha ha!
Today I'm interviewing a new babysitter for the boys, we thought we had a good one but it's not working out as great as we'd hoped. And our neighbourhood is filled with a lot of young families with really young kids. I don't think I've ever seen a teenager walking up our street yet, so the word of mouth with the neighbours hasn't been very resourceful but someone at Joseph's summer camp was looking for extra money in the evenings so I'm hoping this will be a good match. The camp recommended her so I'm feeling optimistic.
Hope you're all having great sunny weather like us! Poor boys have been subjected to my tube top these last few days...aah...the stories they could tell...

2 comments:

New MrsIngram said...

That is a lot of swimming in one day. Honestly once I put the kids in swimming classes they went from not even letting their faces get wet to jumping off the diving board in like a year .. it was crazy to watch!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

at least you didnt have 3 boys (Joseph, Alex and Jeff) trying to grab your boob...the young-ings thought it was funny and Jeff was just being dorky...lucky me...

H