Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I HATE SHOE SHOPPING!!!

There, I said it.

I freaking hate shopping for shoes. I think I get that from my mother but for some unknown reason I insist on torturing her every chance I get with the brilliant idea to go look at shoes.

Why do I hate shoe shopping? Well, my feet I like to refer to as Fred Flintstone Feet. A lot. And tonight to add a cherry on top of it all I discovered that not only are my feet WIDE but they've GROWN to a size NINE! How, When and Why Me? So after going to 3 stores closeby, I hit the mall and went to about 6 more stores, than drove way down south to go to 3 more stores. And in the last store I found these:
Well, not exactly. They're brown and they're Skechers with cross elastic straps but they're also....bedazzled on the sides.
If I weren't feeling too lazy from all my shoe shopping I would have taken a real picture for you. Maybe tomorrow.
And the hair you're wondering. Well, Day 1 of doing it myself was okay. It was salon-quality but it was alright.

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

There's not many of you out there! A girl hating shoe shopping.
I hear ya though. And it seems the ones I really like are super expensive...like the $250 boots I bought in November and then returned the next day...just couldn't justify it even though they were hot.
Love the visual of your new shoes though!

Anonymous said...

As someone with size 11 feet, you don't need to talk to me about the headache of shoe shopping. I usually ask for what they do have in my size, and then buy the one that I don't hate.
Except at the Clarks store. They have everything in my size there...

Alberta said...

Thank you for admitting that little bit of torture called shoe shopping!

My hate goes way back to when I could only wear boys shoes because of my high arch and added width. Not at all flattering! Now I'm happy if my shoes don't scream "comfortable" but my toes know different.

Fit & comfort are my #1 rule, fashion comes much further down the list.