Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Guess the gift



Leanne and Andrew popped over last night with some birthday donuts and some FANTASTIC gifts. I'm not sure which I was more excited over. Actually yeah I do. It would have to be these:
Emus are one of those things that are pricey but you just gotta have a pair. I think it's right up there with Lululemon. I distinctly remember my friend Jenn telling me enroute to Bunco last month that she bought my Lululemon sweater before she could justify buying one for herself. This was right after I gifted Leanne with her Lulu, and how true this is. Just the day before Leanne had been in the store kind of looked around but then decided the sweaters were too much. Not that she's cheap BUT $100 for a sweater is a bit steep. Until you actually own one and then you see the difference...it seems extravagant to spend on ourselves but for some reason I wouldn't think twice about buying it for a girlfriend.
And the very close runner up was the first 2 Twilight books in hardcover. I wrote my name in them immediately - I seem to be losing my books somewheres but that's a whole other story. Aaron and I watched Twilight last night and Aaron was even interested in the movie and mentioned he'd consider reading the books. I know these books were aimed at tweens but I think they made a huge mistake on that one. It could be a grown up book too, couldn't it?

4 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Super! Your feet will be so cozy.
I can't wait to read the Twilight series...of course they're for everyone! Wasn't Harry Potter too?:) Says the girl who has the whole series.

I owned Ugs before they were cool....years before they came here...when my friend brought them back for me from Australia, I thought WTH? These things are ugly...until I put them on and then it was a whole different persepctive!

Mrs. M said...

Your Emu's are not ugly!
That was my younger, bad first impression opinion!

Jenn said...

Ohh so cool. Gotta love that Leanne and yeah to all of us for splurging on each other.

Sorry to say my birthday gift for you is not as good as that (or even last year)

Jenn

New MrsIngram said...

Kelsey has Emu's .. always willing to splurge on her, I bought myself the Sketchers version, I find them comfier for some reason ... luv those boots though.