Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The end of an era and Mommy's so freaking happy!

Finally after gawd knows how many diaper changes and bathroom trips BOTH my boys are now independant bum wipers. Can I get a WOOT WOOT???

At 4 and 5 years I'm sure most of the kiddies out there have been wipers for awhile but Thing Two in particular couldn't get the hang of it. I totally blame it on his bum wiper arm being casted for about 4 months, it's just not feesible if it's got a 90 degree bend to it, or was it 45 degrees? Whichever one makes it look like an L shape...

Anyways, yesterday Alex came home from preschool with his Batman underoos pulled up a good 4 inches above the waist of his pants. Which is always a good indicator that he went to the bathroom by himself and just skipped undoing the button because he's lazy and just tugs his pants up done up . Hence the atomic wedgie he's given himself.

And he was so pleased with himself for wiping his own butt! So today when he went to take the kids to the pool he said he could wipe himself. Yesterday could have just been a one-shot deal because he was at school but today we turned that corner of independance.

It was a proud day for the Beaver Mama :o) Maybe we'll have popcorn to celebrate!

3 comments:

LaughterThoughts said...

yay for you!

my 4 year old, on the other hand, is only semi-independent... depending on his mood and how needy he's feeling. though when he is independent, i don't know how much i trust how good of a job he's doing!

Allie said...

Yay!!! Funny as my son too won't undo his pants so therefore usually has the wedgie as well.

Now that we have gotten the potty down pat, we are starting to work on the bum wiping thing. I can see that I may have a few more years ahead of me .....

sari said...

My five year old can and does, but sometimes he's lazy and just wants someone to come in and help him.

Except at school, he's good at school.

Congratulations!