Thursday, October 01, 2009

Whatever happened to Pin the Tail on the Donkey birthday parties?




We have booked JT's 8th birthday party at Laser Quest. It's another first for us, last year they said 4 and older could participate which was okay, we even snuck in a 3 year old who did just fine. This year it's 7 and older. There will be no sneaking in the younger siblings and cousins. Okay Alex is an exception - his bro has to be there.
...sigh...and now for a wee trip down memory lane...
Joey's first birthday party was at home with a very pregnant Aunty Cindy, family and close friends. Joey had chocolate cake all over himself and his new wagon which Daddy and Uncle Dan realized was more difficult to put together than it looked. We still have the wagon, incidentally.
So, we started off small but as the years went by it graduated to having a magician, Petland, themes, Karate and inevitably more money. Cha-ching!
Maybe next year we'll attempt a sleepover?
Then again.
Maybe not.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

But Laser quest does look like so much fun!

I agree they get expensive, I totally debated about getting a kareoke machine for myself for my birthday. It was 50$, where I spend tons on Lucas's birthday's.

Jenn

Mrs. M said...

Whoa! I'm NOT letting my boy see this post as we deprive our children at this house...I'm sure school pal bday parties will change that when the time comes.
It does look super fun!
A sleep over? You would send your boys somewhere else on their birthday for a sleep over?!:) Sounds good to me!
A bunch of little people sleeping over seems kinda painful...maybe just one special friend...Oh hey! Your brother is a friend too. Oh...I'm a bad mom aren't I?

sari said...

Oh, sleepovers. I can't even discuss it. Ha!