Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Short-term memory

I had something killer to blog about and have now forgotten it. It's not writer's block, more of writer's forgetfulness.

So I'm writing instead about books.

Ho hum, for those non-readers out there but whatevs.

I have read The Memory Keeper's Daughter twice and it was just as good the second time as it was the first. And both times I borrowed it from LouLou. I actually forgot I'd borrowed it - good thing I didn't write my name in it like by Jodi books, ha ha.


I recently came across the movie based on this book at Blockbuster but have yet to rent it. The books are always better-you know the deal.

So now I've borrowed another book by Kim Edwards and made the mistake of checking the reviews and they weren't that stellar so now I'm dragging my feet. I should have gone into blindly and made my own judgement because now I don't even want to read it.

I will though, if not just to punish myself for researching it first.
What are you reading?

5 comments:

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

who writes the "really good" books that Tamara was reading a bit of in the Yukon on the way to bunco...not the last time, but the time before that...Heather's here...um yeah, she was in the back of the Yukon...that night...

Jenn said...

The best book I've read lately is Glass Castle.

Once my mom is done the Barbara Walters memoir you can read that too. It's good too.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

When ever I read a book that REALLY touches me I keep it, and there are not many! Usually I end up passing them along for someone else to read, but 2 that come to mind that I just can't seem to part with are The Claidi Collection by Tanith Lee, and The Jester ( not a light read by any means ) by James Patterson & Andrew Gross.
Krista.

Mrs. M said...

Isn't reading wonderful? I've been doing more of it over the past few months again. It's something I love. Alot of the books have been forgetful..sort of...finished the Twilight series finally...so fun...and read Michael J Fox's memoir Always Looking Up...fascinating, he's amazing...and funny!

Mrs. M said...

BTW...right now I'm reading...
I'ld Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper. !!:)