Tuesday, October 13, 2009

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate. Hmm...

The boys and I headed to our local flu clinic place today expecting it to look a bit like this:
It was the complete opposite. But I didn't bring my camera and have no picture. BUT I did drive away saying I'm SO blogging this! Sad, it's true.
Anyways, Aaron and I had decided to get both the boys their flu shots. They were all pumped up for getting their shots and there not only was standing room only but a line-up for at least 60 or 70 people outside in the snow. Standing. Waiting. While it was snowing.
Not me folks.
I jumped back in the Fun Bus with the boys and we went to the library instead. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow evening. It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't dig standing in the snow and freezing my butt off when I don't have to. The boys thanked me for it too.
So, everyone - flu shot? H1N1? Anyone have anything to say about these? Will you or your family vaccinate this season?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm surprised it was so busy. With all the media about how getting the flu shot last year will make you more susceptible to H1N1, I thought people would be staying away.

I will probably get a flu shot this year, but Darryl and the boys don't usually....

Jenn

Alberta said...

We'll be getting both if possible. I get the seasonal flu one tomorrow, Dad next week. Our health unit has a good system and there is always a huge turnout from the surrounding areas of all ages.

Anonymous said...

I had H1N1 and 2 weeks later am still feeling the affects of it. I NEVER get the flu shot (though its reccommended because of my bad heart) and probably will not get it this year either unless my Dr actually tells me to, but Frank and his entire family get it every year.
Kris

Anonymous said...

I'm still debating getting the shots. There is so much extra information for pregnant women and it's hard to know what to do! I want to make sure I make the right choice, but who knows what the right choice is! I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it...

Melanie

sari said...

We have all had the flu...and I'm not getting anyone shots. I'm hoping that us having it will keep us from getting it again! I don't like the idea of introducing the flu into the little guys' bodies like that. But that's just my opinion.

Mrs. M said...

I'm one of the wacky ones that does not believe in flu shots....unless really immunosuppressed or working with those that are. Even when I worked in health care I didn't get them....
Then there's the fear for my children who already have enough going on nuerologically without the assault of a vaccine that hasn't been around very long....
And may I just add that as I write this...our whole house has the flu! What do ya do?