Thursday, December 04, 2008

Yours truly got in trouble today with the teacher.


Apparently sending JT to school with knit gloves, ear muffs/hood, fleece lined jeans and a scarf just don't cut it.


" Please ensure that you send adquate clothing for your child to go outside. Adequate clothing includes: Hats, mitts (not light gloves), scarves, winter jackets and snowpants(when there is snow or extreme cold). "


Hmmm....I thought he was dressed appropriately. Yes a hat would be great but that would ruin his spiked hair so we've compromised with ear muffs to protect his ears and a hood which protects his head and offers warmth while not being stuck to his melon and squishing his spikes. (JT's very OCD about his hair)


And I thought the knit gloves were okay. They're heavier than Magic Gloves but definitely not fleece lined or water resisitant. Guess we need to start wearing the big gloves.


And as for the snowpants, unless it's wet/snowy weather I'd rather forego the pants. JT's got lots of fleece lined jeans as well as second skin long underwear.


Alex was dressed similarly today and the only comment I got was "he did his scarf without choking himself, good job Alex"

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Seems like a difference of opinion...my vote goes with the Mom unless the child is question is one of those 'cool teenagers' who has their jacket half unzipped, no hat and no gloves! I had to remind a certain someone to dress warm this morning...and then to specifically say "Put on your mitts"

Oh well...I would not be surprised if they were pulled off as soon as he was out of sight.

Tracy DeLuca said...

My god am I glad I dont have to worry about all of that! Just getting jackets on my kids is a miracle....