Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A quick and easy holiday favourite



Rice Krispie Balls
You'll need 1 cup of brown sugar,1 cup of butter, 4 Tbsp corn syrup, 1 can of eagle brand condensed milk, holiday Rice Krispies and about 40 Marshmallows:
Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add remaining ingredients (but not the marshmallows or cereal :oP). Stir until boiling and let boil for 5 minutes on low. Stirring constantly or else you will get speckled caramel like I did: Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Beat the caramel one final time. Using a bamboo skewer dip each marshmallow in the caramel and then roll in the cereal. Place in freezer to set the caramel. And voila:

5 comments:

Lucie said...

Yum. I've had those treats before and they are delicious.

Anne said...

They look sooooo delicioous. I think I will try this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to try this one. Sounds delicious!!

A.

Jenn said...

Good description with pictures as you go along!

Jenn

Mrs. M said...

mmmmmm!
You're in my head! Get out quick while you're still okay!! These were already on my to-do list for Sunday re: Tuesday baking exchange (3rd one...yes I'm wacko). And your pics/descriptions just clinched the decision!