Saturday, December 27, 2008

We've got a plan. It's a big project but will be FABULOUS!


When I think of MacAulay gatherings there's always 3 things present:


  1. Lots of Storytelling

  2. Lots of Laughter

  3. Lots of Food

Keep that in mind for the next minute.


Yesterday I was looking for a recipe from Janine for Mom to copy out and it was in "The Beck Family Cookbook".


Can you see where I'm going with this?


And then Dad and I kind of looked at each other and said "Why doesn't the Clan have a cookbook?" Considering how many chefs we have in the family I'm sure we must have enough to fill a book with. I don't have many main course dishes to share BUT I can throw together a pretty tasty buffet for Aaron's UFC nights with his friends, and they're all relatively quick and easy.


So, my plan for 2009 is to gather recipes from EVERYONE and make us some cookbooks, if I start in January maybe they'll be ready by Christmas of '09.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays together! Ours have been very busy, we've played almost every new game and have been tobogganing every day. Christmas pics to come soon.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I think a cook book is a great idea. I can certainly send a few recipes your way.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea. Are you going to be trying any of the recipes? I will send you a few as well. I have a chicken recipe the boys love!

Alberta said...

Lesley, I think the flood gates are beginning to creak WIDE OPEN! Great idea...Keep us posted!

Mrs. M said...

So cool!