Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finally some pics of THE GREAT DAMES NIGHT!

Yeppers - that was the shindig way back in March that I went to. Although I think I referred to it as the Great Danes but it's apparently the Great Dames. It was hosted by the Calgary Danish Ladies Club so really either event title would have totally worked.


Anyways, here goes:


This is the lovely Marg - without her I wouldn't have gone to any Great Dames events.

Uh...this is me...I think after a few cocktails. Maybe this is my Juno version of the 'stink eye'.
Here are Marg and I in her pink feather boa :o) Girls really do just wanna have fun!
Err...Casey and I must have been going for some cleavage shots or something...
Lynn and I shimmying the night away - we're so hot!

We're still going strong!



And on an entirely different topic : Joey. Oh yes, it's all about JT . He is FREAKING OUT about his new school that he'll be going to in the fall. He has no fears about making new friends and having a new teacher BUT he is absolutely terrified about walking home by himself. I'm going to talk to the neighbour a couple houses up from us about hiring her kids to walk him home from school. It would give him some independance but he'd be with a 12 and 14 year old so he won't get lost or left behind and it would totally save me from making 2 trips to the school each day. I know, I know, kids come first but when you're walking with a gaggle of them it can be frustrating especially while potty training ... SO tonight I walked the boys to and from the school. It took 15 minutes each way which was reasonable considering we were landmarking everything as we went. i.e. Walk right past the twisty slide park and stop to cross the road. Look both ways. Put your arm out so cars know you're going to cross the road. Walk past Rianna's house. Stop at the alley. Look for cars...and on and on it went. The walk really isn't that bad EXCEPT for a slightly major intersection that he'll have to cross everyday. I've already written to our alderman about getting a marked crosswalk or at the very least some lines painted on this road. It really didn't seem like a big deal until it was my baby crossing the road. Sad, isn't it?


And moving right along: NKOTB. Yes they are coming to Calgary and yes I've gotten Aaron working his connections to get Cindy and I tickets. Yes I'm a geek but who cares? I think they'll put on a fantastic show!

6 comments:

Tracy DeLuca said...

OMG... NKOTB? LOL Haven't thought of them in many a year....

I would be a paranoid wreck about my baby walking home from school alone. Is the crime and/ or traffic not that bad there? I know people who let their little ones walk alone but I guess I am just paranoid and a big ol' worry wart! I didn't let my daughter wait for the school bus by herself until she was 10. And that was right outside the apartment building. But, I also think it is different with boys. i would probably not be so bad with my boys.....

Alberta said...

I'm with you about worrying about your kids getting safely to and from school. I used to walk you and your sister...and I was totally not ready for you to take the school bus at what age????? But once a Mom, always a Mom and it's our right to worry about our loved ones! No matter what the age.

Jenn said...

Love the eye make up and the hair!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

That is a hoot! I'm from New Hampshire, so they were absolutely huge in my area growing up. For us, it was really like they were from our block!

I remember when I lived in Calgary, the schools were advising parents not to allow their children to walk home alone from school or bus stops. Did they do that in your area?

Anonymous said...

Zach walks himself to school and I pick him up after school when I pick up Nathan. You have to sing Nathan out at this school. He has a major intersection to cross as well but there is a crossing guard to help him with that. I'm sure Joey will be fine and there are always parents comming and going from the schools which will always help you out.
Good luck Joey.
Alli

Allie said...

Ooohhhh ... New Kids? When are they coming? I want to go too!! I went to the Backstreet Boys and had an absolute blast despite looking like a grandma there due to the tweens pulling down the age average .....

But oh, to be able to sing "The Right Stuff" ... would be Whooaa ooooo ooohhh ohhh oohhh ohhh .....awesome!!

As for the little man walking to school - you are my hero because I don't even want to think about going there yet with my kids. That is when I thank my lucky stars they are as young as they are. I just told my girlfriend the other day when she teased me for not wanting them to grow up that I was running off to Neverland just so I didn't have to deal with things .....