Friday, May 16, 2008

The sun is shining and I've been lovin it

Please excuse the sporadic blogging BUT Mr. Sunshine has been calling my name :o)

Honestly, I've been outside with the kids from about 7:30-7:45 ish every morning this week until lunchtime. Then after getting the wee ones down for a nap BACK outside again until home time for the kiddies.

It's fabulous!

It's also amazing to see all the things these kids do to pass 8 hours of outside time.
  • Games like What Time is it Mr. Wolf? And it doesn't stop until everyone has been the wolf at least 3 times.
  • Water table play for hours - it's 3 feet long yet they manage to have boat races...
  • Play fort - oh the possibilities are endless
  • Swinging on the swings
  • Basketball with water balloons. It's evolved into this only because I can't find the Little Tykes basketball and all the other ones are too big for the net
  • Scooter races
  • Worm hunt...ewwww....I'll never forgive the person that taught them to pull back the sod to find worms...
  • Snack time is always a drawn out process when we're sitting at the picnic table
  • Beach volleyball, that's a new thing but they're getting the hang of it
  • Soccer - we've only broken one fence board so far but in all fairness it had a huge knot in the wood and it was bound to happen. Joey felt like he had super-sonic strength when he broke the board though
  • Bubbles bubbles bubbles.

Hope everyone else is finally having some summer weather! Remember to wear sunblock, none of the kids had a single tan line yesterday YET I managed to neglect myself the second go around and I was a bit on the red side. Today I'm golden but I'll put more effort into protecting myself.

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Sounds like the kids are having fun, despite being unplugged from the electronic world! Have you done a rematch of Hopscotch yet?

Have a great long weekend!

Tracy DeLuca said...

My boys would LIVE outside if I let them... bubbles, water play, car racing on the concrete, digging int he sand. ANd they are only toddlers! I shudder to think what they will be getting up to and in to in the next few years.....

Brenda said...

I can't wait until all this rain stops so I can spend my time on my swing and in the pool as soon as it starts to warm up. Spend all the time outside while you still can. It will help burn off some of the boys engergy.