Friday, May 02, 2008

Someone needs a career change!

Meet Joey's bus driver :

Honestly, I can't make this shit up.

The driver is grumpier than Oscar the Grouch and today I decided that I have had enough.

I'm the parent, someone has to say something because Joey's oblivious to just how much of an ass this guy is. So, I phoned, I cried, I complained, I cried, I vented and it's done.

It wasn't so much as what was said but more how it was said. Body language speaks louder than words. The throwing back of his head and rolling his eyes when he sees my son bringing some hand-drawn papers for his bus ride. Heaven forbid that Joey drops them and has to pick them up at school. Or maybe it's the fact that the driver refuses to wave to my son after he drops him turns around at the end of cul-de-sac and ignores Joey as he whizzes by on the bus. He told me once that he didn't see him waving. Well, as a bus driver you should be able to see a child standing on the side of the road in plain view waving his arms frantically. Don't you think?

I am grateful that my son is oblivious to this grouches actions but at the same time it breaks my heart to see him continue to stand there waving in hopes that one day his driver will see him and wave back.

Thank goodness school is almost over for another year!





5 comments:

Alberta said...

It's the driver's loss. Joey is a sweet young man with a great big heart...and a joy to know. Can't wait to see him and his brother next week! We are going to have a blast and not think of silly bus drivers!

Anonymous said...

Some people.... oh well, you can win them all.

Some just wallow in their own &^%$ and don't know how to climb out of the pot.

Keep on smiling Joey! And step back from the curb from those blind drivers ;)

Anonymous said...

is this a school bus driver?

Allie said...

It is tough isn't it? I agree - a school bus driver should be happy and upbeat for kids. It is important!!

Unfortunately, the way the world is today, especially in Calgary of late, people aren't enjoying their jobs anymore and it is reflecting in the kind of service that you get. Good for you in complaining but sadly, nothing will come out of it because industries such as that are in such a crunch for employees.

New MrsIngram said...

That is so sad ... Trust me I am that mom always stomping down to the school and complaining if I think my kid is not being treated fairly ... I hate being that mom .. but if I don't stick up for my kid who will?