Thursday, March 20, 2008

62 minutes of my birthday left...

And what a fabulous day!

I don't think it could have been better :o) Half of my dayhome kiddies were away so it was a quieter day and we coloured Easter eggs without any huge misshaps. I was the only one to walk away with pink and blue stained fingers this year. My boys were well behaved and I got a ton of Happy Birthday phone calls and ecards. Love love love everyone for the well wishes! Kalyna wrote in my birthday card that the 30s are THE BEST DECADE! I'm looking forward to it...


Aaron and the boys gifted Mama Bear with this:
By this afternoon I had it pretty much figured out. The only crappy thing is the Power Pack that Aaron bought with it lacked power. The camera case and strap were in the box but it was missing the extra batteries and charger so off I go to the store tomorrow to have them replace it with a powered up Power Pack.
The boys also took me out to dinner tonight at Tony Roma's. I totally over indulged myself and had the Spinach/Artichoke dip as well as filet mignon followed by New York cheesecake. Gah! I almost had to put my jammies on when I came home I was that full.

My friend Jenn and her family gifted me with this:



Let me tell you, I freaked out when I saw this. Until this morning I have never owned anything LULU! Yeah! I'm finally catching up to the trends :o) Thank you thank you Jenn, Darryl & Lucas - you guys are fabulous on so many levels!


And my bestie Andrea gifted me with this:







Yes that is indeed 30 pink flamingo/buzzards and a ginormous Happy 30th Birthday sign and banner...now it's definitely not a secret...


Anyone liking the hair? I'll have to do a close up tomorrow with the new camera. It's chocolate cherry and very different. Usually I go for the blond highlights this time of year but I was feeling a bit adventurous.


And my girlfriend Jacquie brought over something to help me celebrate:


I think I'll be bringing it to Couples Bunco tomorrow night...
And Kalyna and family gave me two of my fave things: music and reading material. It came in the form of an iTunes gift card for some new music and the newest LouLou magazine.

Thanks everyone for helping make this day a memorable one :o)

Happy Birthday Kelsey!

5 comments:

Alberta said...

Wow, love the front lawn decorations!!! I'm not that brave to do that...because payback is a b*tch!

Sounds like you had a marvelous day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Les, glad it was a great one!
Kris.

Tracy DeLuca said...

Happy late birthday! Sorry I missed wishing you happy on the actual day.... 30 is a big one! I am turning 28 again this year (5th time... or is it 6th? Could be 7th...) LOL Sounds like you had a great day.

Jen, Paul and Daisy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!By the way, 30 is the new 20!

sari said...

Happy Birthday!