Thursday, November 04, 2010

Where's my checklist?


When is it okay to send your kid to school when they're feeling a bit sick?
No, really. I want to know.
Alex had a persistent cough last night that didn't really subside until the wee hours of the morning. He woke up feeling fine but with the nasty cough still so he's having a home day. He seems good at this point which makes me wonder if he should have just gone to school.
On the other hand I don't want him to spread his coughing germs around the classroom.
Is there a checklist?
Do the teachers get royally ticked off when a sniffling kid comes to school and is blowing their nose all day long or coughing?
What's your criteria for staying home from school?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judgment call! Missing the occasional day of class when you aren't feeling 100% isn't terrible. The child probably wouldn't be focused on the lessons anyways. SO why expose the others to the germs and the disturbing cough.

Anonymous said...

My Mom always asked me if I wanted to go to school, and since I really liked school I was always pretty honest about if I felt well enough to go. Might not work if your child hates school though!