Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm craving GUK!


Have you ever received the bag of guk from a friend? Did you throw it out or actually go through with it and mush the guk and make some bread?
I did and it was fabulous! I used Pumpkin Pie Spice and it was delish, I gave all the starters away because I was dieting at the time and now I'm wishing I hadn't.
One of the dayhome kids asked for my "Applesauce Bread" recipe last week and as I was about to write out the Pumpkin Loaf recipe I realized that I also called the Amish Friendship Bread by the same name. Why? Well...the boys aren't really interested in eating anything with Pumpkin in it but they do love their apples.
One of my friends makes Unicorn Soup. I just had to ask what the heck that was. It's chicken noodle with lots of extra veggies. She has 5 boys and they're not veggie lovers but love Unicorn Soup.
Whatever works!
Now I'm going to google Amish Friendship Bread starter....
NEW MOON TONIGHT! Mrs. Robinson will be there in her wolf t-shirt admiring Jacob. Gawd that makes me such a cougar...

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

My friends and I name our "guk". Mine was Dick. Poor Dick. He died an untimely death in the pantry as I kinda forgot to give him his daily squishes, etc and he just kinda blew up! Poor Dick.
I am so into the wolves! I was quite disappointed when Edward returned and she ditched Jacob. Can't wait to see the movie and read your review!
Roaar Cougar-girl...I love it!
BTW...you're much too young to be a cougar!:)

Christine said...

Reminds me of Circle Chicken. We told our kids calamari was circle chicken when they were little because we didn't think they'd have anything to do with squid. And for the record, I think Edward is better than Jacob any day. LOL!