Tuesday, September 02, 2008

We made it through the first day!



Today turned out to be quite fabulous! Everything went as planned for the most part and there were NO TEARS from either Joey or ME!


Joey and I headed to the school first thing this morning and found his class and teacher outside in the playground as per instructed. It was cold and for some reason I thought it would be totally acceptable to wear sandals. Uh, duh! WTF was I thinking? There was massive dew and it was freaking cold outside!


Anyways, the teacher left the parents outside and took the first graders inside. It was great. A little unexpected to have to say goodbye outside BUT it totally worked.
Aaron picked him up from school and when I asked how his day was he gave me a thumbs up. It must have been good.

Aaron drove halfway across the city today to get Alex's beaver uniform. Isn't he cute?!? He's definitely excited to start Beavers! After much humming and hawwing I decided to put any Beaver Mama plans on hold. I really have a lot going on with this child care online course, the dayhome, the registry and then there's my stamping class. So, I'll put it off for now and see what happens in the spring. Aaron's already decided he's destined to be a soccer coach in the spring.

And here is my dinner for today: BBQ steak, steamed jasmine rice (yum), roasted red peppers, caesar salad and OJ. Eventually I'll come up with good recipes - just not the first week of school, okay?
And what do you think of the hoodie Joey picked out? The dress code says emblems/words have to be in harmony with the Catholic faith. So is a skeleton doing the universal party on symbol in sync with Catholicism? Yes or No? Aaron thinks it's okay for school and I say no. What do YOU think?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'd say rather be safe then sorry, and say no.

What brand of Jasmine rice do you use?

Jenn

Alberta said...

Love a man in uniform!

Mrs. M said...

lmao!! That cracks me up! Uh, no?!
Do catholic schools even celebrate halloween? I think it's orange & black day, so skull shirts are maybe not on the appropriate dress code list. :)