Wednesday, September 17, 2008

UFC at MacKenzie Wal-Mart

Okay it wasn't THAT bad but it easily could have been. Here's what happened:

the boys and I went to Wal-Mart after karate to look for the new Minipops CD and as we walked in I seen they finally had WATER. It's been hard to find this last week or so, so the boys and I turned around and went to the buggy corral at the front of the store to grab a cart. There are three rows of carts, the row on the right has the baby seat thingys so we opt out of that and there's a couple blocking the other two rows trying to buckle their baby (who could barely sit up) into a cart. We waited for about a minute while they tried to figure it out and they even looked up and smiled and apologized for blocking the way of myself and some LOSER. So, keeping in mind that I had two boys dressed in sparkling white gi's with me I said "could you excuse me please" and went around them to grab a cart and went around them to continue on shopping. So, the LOSER yelled out "could you show some consideration?" Consideration of what? That I didn't want to wait while they figured out how to try and make the cart safe for their wee baby or that I didn't grab him a cart too? I really have no clue but it put me in a wicked mood for shopping. I just said "whatever" and got on my way.

Then it was time to check out.

I seen that someone was about to open their till so I headed to her line up and this LOSER was in a line beside us and said "isn't it more considerate to let people who have already been waiting go first?" WTF? Is it my fault you didn't see her open first? So, this time I told him "I don't know what your problem is but if you speak to me again I'm going to the manager"

Generally I'm sooooo easy going but was I seriously being pushy? Maybe I just don't see it...

On a positive note - the boys had a great time at karate - even though I obviously can't tie a belt worth shit. They fell off two times. Each kid.

Not good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wal-Mart is the worst for people like that. I would LOVE to say something to people, but bite my tongue, because it's the considerate thing to do.....LOL. Karate? That's so cool. Star is still undecided as to what she wants, ballet, figure skating or gymnastics. I hope she picks gymnastics, it looks like so much fun!

Alberta said...

Wasn't it a full moon this week?

Mrs. M said...

lmao!! About the belts...
Sorry about your exp with psycho shopper...good for you for speaking up! Much better than bottling it up. Plus a better example for your boys too. It's ok to be assertive and not a doormat.

Tracy DeLuca said...

Walmart psycho shoppers are funny. I usually get the worst of the worst. I think you got him this week! LOL