Monday, August 20, 2007

Team Crockett website is up and running - sort of


I've managed to find a quiet moment to personalize our web page a bit more. What I really need is a group shot of our team. We'll have to make a point of making that happen soon...

Here is the link to Team Crockett's site and here is the link to my personal site. I honestly can't remember is I've really talked about the mysterious Team Crockett on the blog yet so I'll give you the in right now.

Along with Aaron, my mom Alberta and dad Joseph (of Lil' Salmon House blog), I will be participating in the 2008 Uncover the Cure 10 K run next June. Yes, I do know that I don't know how to run. But, I also know that this is a very worthy cause that needs more attention than it receives.
Perfect example : What does a pink ribbon stand for? Breast cancer, right? Well, who knows what colour ribbon is for cervical cancers? (No prize will be awarded for correct answers because I am about to post it) Teal. I think a lot of my girlfriends know by default because I wear a lot of that colour and have a signature bracelet which is silver and teal and has a dangly teal ribbon hanging from it. But besides my girlfriends, I don't think it's widely known. Now, why is that?
People talk about other ailments and diseases all the time. I've heard many chats about arthritis and diabetes but not so much about vaginas or rectums. Once again, I'd like to know why that is. Are we too shy and insecure about our bodies? Do we think that we're the only women in the world who have had to lay down on the exam table with our feet in stirrups? Hmm...not likely...
Well that was a little more intense than I had intended but I think I'll leave it as is.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Thanks dear Captain of Team Crockett...I was feeling a bit lonely - all by myself! Glad you posted the sexy pic...one of me would have scared folks away!

Now if these comments don't get people motivated to click on the links and see for themselves, I don't know what will!

Love ya!