Thursday, September 10, 2015

Eat at Home Challenge

This started quite a few years ago with Jenn at My Life in a Nutshell.

Every September since then I always try to Eat at Home for the month. 

Summertime we tend to get a bit lazy with our meal planning and we eat out quite a bit. 

So September is a good chance to reset our idea that fast food is good food when in reality it's not nearly as satisfying or healthy as homecooked.

This is my idea of homemade fast food. I cook quite a bit of food ahead at naptime such as rice, squash and ground beef or turkey. Then at dinner I mix it all together with some black beans and taco spice, heat and serve it in a squash. Sometimes I add a spoon of salsa on top or some shredded cheese. Yummy!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This is awesome! What a great idea.

Love the eat at home challenge myself. Maybe we should start that back up again?

Jenn