Friday, September 18, 2015

Another day, another workout

It's 6:49 Friday morning and my workout is checked off the to-do list. 

I really like to exercise. Maybe not waking up so early but the activity and feeling of accomplishment afterwards are priceless. I also like to eat. A lot. I joke that we are a family of foodies.

So in January Aaron and I joined Orange Theory and try and go 3-4 times a week at the crack of dawn before work.

The idea is that you wear heart rate monitors to gauge your level of activity thru heart rate and then you're given a performance summary of calories burned and splat points which are minutes spent in the Orange/red zone. 12-20 minutes in the "Orange" zone and you shall achieve the afterburn effect and continue to burn calories for hours after your workout. 

I highly recommend it! Even with a bulged disc the trainers are able to modify my exercises so I still get an effective workout.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Good for you! I have to talk with Dad and see if he is game for a session this weekend. 😉