Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We tried and failed but had fun anyways

Friday was a quiet-ish day. Alex's girlfriend and I decided to attempt to paint something Olympic on our playroom windows.
We researched, asked friends and then went with the tempera paint mixed with liquid dish soap.

Here's our results:



And then after cleaning up we decided to play Bingo. As I was getting our gummy bear rewards I hear this "Lesssssleyyyyyyy the paint is fallllllllling offffffffff". You know what I was thinking, right? Someone was making a joke. Nope. The paint was indeed flaking off the windows:
We spent the next hour washing the windows. My helper was in charge of the vinegar/water spray bottle and I was in charge of the washing.
At least the dish soap bubbled up nicely and made it relatively easy to clean.
Tomorrow I'll call in the professionals.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Well that project did sound to easy to be true...I wonder what the secret is?

Anonymous said...

We have success at work using plain liquid tempera paint, without the soap added. We have used it to paint interior windows to create privacy. Hope that works!