Thursday, September 17, 2009

Would you want to know?

On Tuesday while walking over to the bus stop to pick up one of my Kindergarten'ers the kids and I saw a skunk. Up close and personal. I think the skunk was probably about ten feet away from us when it registered what it was. I know nothing about skunks and how far they can spray so rest assured we avoided him as he scurried back into his burrow. Which happens to be under someone's front step. (FYI for my neighbours it's the house on the corner with the fence that's only half-way.) So today we walked over and the kids saw the owner going into their house and the boys were yelling 'hey mister, where's your skunk?' and the guy kind of smirked and I said 'we seen the skunk go under your porch'. Well, I got a dirty look. WTF? Did he think I was making fun of his houseguest situation or didn't he realize that a skunk was living under his step? Or maybe he's just an a**hole.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I would want to know.

Don't worry they'll get theirs =)

Jenn

Mrs. M said...

There's A LOT of them in the hood! Our next door neighbor and the three doors down neighbor had one living under their front steps. And guess what? A skunk keeps three dens and uses them all. They also HATE noise...so if you have one, be noisy, music...loud...and they will leave.
Ignore the groucho neighbor. What goes around....