Monday, May 18, 2009

Smile it's an attitude!

That's what my uniform shirt said when I worked at Calaway Park when I was 16...the pants haven't changed any but the shirts aren't so ugly. Actually, they're worse, they're bright sunshine yellow.

Yesterday morning Michelle and I decided to take our boys to Calaway Park for the day. So, I packed extra changes of clothes and snacks - no lunch, I figured the boys could have something there. Big mistake. And Michelle was a Supermom and packed clothes, snacks, sunblock and lunch. Smart cookie, that one is! As her and the boys were lounging on their picnic blanket (did I mention she even brought a picnic blanket) I was standing in the hotdog line with Thing One and Thing Two and 20 minutes later we get to the front and they say 'uh yeah, we have no hot dogs, we ran out'. HELLO!?! COULD YOU NOT SAY THAT TO THE GENERAL CROWD OF PEOPLE WAITING IN YOUR LINEUPS FOR HOTDOGS???? It was a HOTDOG stand, so chances are, we're all waiting for HOTDOGS!!! Anyways, at that point we just shared their picnic lunch and go on more rides instead of wasting another 20 minutes for some greasy food. Here are the 4 amigos.







Here's me and Alex, this is taken by JT while waiting in the hotdog line.




This is after the log ride. I hope these boys realize they have the best mommies in the world for waiting in that lonnnnnng line up with them and not skipping this ride entirely. Their screams and shrieks of delight made it worthwhile. Although for the wait time they really should let you go around two times.





Halfway through the day the boys watched a clown at the stage, we just caught the tail end of it but then some fiddling girls from Chestermere came on and they even sat through a few of their songs. The girls were either that good or our boys were that tired.





Here's Alex looking down at me and my little buddy - do you think I was freaking out? Yeppers. I was actually more freaked out when both Joey and Alex were leaning on the gate looking down on me. The gates open inwards so they wouldn't have fallen open - but still. FYI - Michelle was sitting with the boys and holding onto them jusssssst in case...

Supermom Michelle also came up with a great solution to the 'I wants' at Calaway, she gave her kids $10 each and they could spend it on anything but once it was gone it was gone. Great idea! That way they can budget it or blow it and it's done. Seeing as lunch was a no-go it was a fairly cheap day. Tea at Starbucks to get our day started, sno-cones for the boys and 2 rounds at the shooting gallery each. Oh, and cotton candy for Aaron. Auntie Leanne gifted the family with season's passes at Calaway - she really is the best!The boys enjoying their sno-cones.

The boys and Supermom playing at the shooting gallery - it's a total moneymaker. You don't even win a prize, you just get to pull a trigger 25 times. And here's my little buddy at the end of the day. He was sad to leave - I must say how impressed I was, he walked for 5 hours and only jumped in the stroller as we were getting ready to leave. But without that stroller it would have been much harder to cart around all the other stuff, they definitely served a purpose yesterday!

Our next Supermom Adventure will be to Heritage Park when we're left single-parenting on the weekend. Supermom was shocked and I was embarrassed to admit my boys haven't been to Heritage Park. Shocking, isn't it?

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Glad you had such wonderful weather for a great outing with the kids! sigh...I'm sure we'll get spring sometime before winter!

Mrs. M said...

What a super fun day! And two super-brave-mom's to undertake that adventure.
I've seen those fiddling girls I think...little girl-sisters? They're really quite good.
Heritage Park? Oh go! It's a relaxing kind of fun. Space to run, etc. We're going tomorrow for Bup's family birthday outing. If you're there early enough you get free breakfast too!