Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was an all-around great day at the Beck homestead!

Alex let me sleep in until 7:10 this morning - yahoo! He has been soooooo anxious to show me his fancy schmany clay jewellery dish that he made me at school LAST WEEK! And he kept it a secret right up until this morning. I was so proud of him!

JT made me a clay picture of our family. You know, a circle of clay with some people made out of clay smooshed on top? I'll take a pic tomorrow I promise. That was also tres cool BUT I received it Friday after JT walked home in the pooring rain. He was concerned that his craft may have melted away in the rain. Thankfully it was a-okay.

Aaron bought me a new book Angels & Demons and a tree for our front yard. I had high hopes for a ginormous tree that would give the playroom some shade in the summer but after looking around we decided on a lilac tree which we planted on the other side of the front yard. We're easy go-with-the-flow kind of people so I was okay with it. It is definitely cute though - kind of looks not much bigger than a twig. The trick will be keeping Alex from trying to climb it, ha ha.

We also picked out our flowers for this season and planted them. I'm sure my mom is cringing when she reads that. I'm an optimist - winter is OVER. Spring is HERE TO STAY. Did you hear that Mother Nature????

We ended our day with some baseball and soccer practise at the school. They went to sleep with no complaints at 7:30 and now Aaron is at hockey.

I think a perfect way to end a perfect day would be a soak in the tub...sigh...perfection!

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Hmmmm...sounds lovely!
Don't you just love lilacs? I do!
And Angels & Demons....is my favorite...far better than the other!!! You'll LOVE it!
Glad you had a super day....much deserved.
And the boys...too sweet!

Jenn said...

Happy Mothers Day to you, the second mother to my kids.

Are you already done Angels and Demons? It is really good.

Jenn

Alberta said...

Me...cringe? You got that right! I'm worried about my poor plants and they are in the comfort of the greenhouse....oh the challenges of gardening in Alberta!