Monday, May 11, 2009

A beautiful evening for some baseball










Tonight was Thing Two's t-ball debut and it was fantastic! Alex was a great listener - only had one pep talk about laughing at children that couldn't catch the ball (he was one of them so he really shouldn't have been laughing) and he hit the ball and got to 3rd base on his last hit. The kids weren't that fast so it wasn't tough to do but that's besides the point.
Meanwhile, JT played at the park with some kids his age. I was probably 30 feet away from the park so I could still see him but wasn't right there like usual. It's the most freedom he's had and I'm still not sure if he's ready for that. Actually I think he's ready I'm just not sure I'm ready. I think as long as he's in yelling distance we'll be okay.
Here are my Mother's Day gifts from my boys:

And a pic of my homemade yorkshire pudding from our Mother's Day dinner Saturday night with Aaron's folks. It's like a competition between my Dad and I. I'm sure by the end of the week he'll have a picture of his yorkies too so everyone can compare, lol.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

OMG - all those photos are awesome, especially the ones of AJ playing ball, and the clay creations and the yummy yorkies...and the...oops...that's all!!! Great post!

Mrs. M said...

Summer fun!
The gifts the boys made are so sweet & cute...great job by both boys!
Yorkshire pudding....takes me back to childhood...my parents loved it and it was a special treat when mom made it. Yours look awesome!