Monday, April 20, 2009

My irrational fear of cocks

Get your mind out of the gutter - I'm referring to peacocks of course!





Sunday we went to the zoo and it was wonderful. Not too hot, not too cold, not too windy and not too smelly :o)
My favourite part would have been seeing the stingrays, they are just so graceful and watching them kind of makes me sit back and just relax, taking in their slow elegant movements...sigh...it's so peaceful.
My least favourite part would be the peacock that kept following us around. It was creepy. I can totally admit that I'm not a huge bird fan. Tina can attest to that - we visited one day and I had to be as far away from Ellie when she was out of her cage as possible. So at the zoo when the boys tried to skirt around the peacock and he started to spread his feathers it gave me the heebie-geebies to say the least!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Love those pictures of your boys, especially the ones with them in the trees.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

And let me tell you Ellie is much smaller than any peacock I have ever seen.

Mrs. M said...

Great job capturing the day and my heart melted when I saw the handholding pic. Gorgeous & classic. Frameable.
And the peacocks are noisy too! I hate their yell.

Anonymous said...

I am soo with you on the bird-phobia! When I was about 4 or 5, Nanny Sample decided to get me over my fear of birds by locking me in the chicken coup she and Auntie Bebe had in the back yard! I was terrified and needless to say, I'm still kinds scared of large birds!!
Krista.
P.S Love the pics, your boys are so cute. And I also have a few pics I am planning to mail you, but I keep forgetting to get stamps, but I'll remember some day!

Goofball said...

aaah the Calgary zoo is fun!

And stingrays are fun too...maybe you should consider diving to see them for real.