Tuesday, April 28, 2009

7 KM seems like a cakewalk when you're with a walking partner

Tonight was the first night of our walk around the Circle in our neighbourhood. Margo had already done the route and said it's 3.5 KM so we're walking it twice. And we actually did it. Okay, Margo couldn't but C and I did. It was a big moment, we talked about it, I tried to make a plan for which nights I could and you know when it came down to it - I pushed it aside and figured we'll do it when it gets nice. Did I mention it's been snowing like CRAZY here??? What the heck did we do to Mother Nature to make her HATE the Sun Goddess of Prestwick? In any case, despite the cool and just a wee bit snowy weather, we did the walk.

Now I just need to remember to wear proper socks next time so I don't get MORE blisters!

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Lesley, I highly recommend The Running Room's double layer WrightSocks! The one morning I didn't wear them for my walking date I got a blister! They wear well, are comfortable once you get used to the 2 layers and wash up great. I line dry mine to keep their shape.