Sunday, October 19, 2008

2 weeks later

I'm finally updating. I've been busy and the blog has just been on the backburner. I've just signed up for NaBloPoMo

Maybe it's the kick in the butt I need to get my blogging back on track. I guess we'll see.



Anyhoo, I'll skip recapping the last few weeks. And start from today, okay from yesterday.


We attended our 4th wedding of 2008! (That's an unusally high amount of weddings for us). So in my 4th new outfit, we headed to the church to watch Shane and Tamara exchange nuptials. The priest was fairly long-winded but in a nice way. It didn't seem like preaching but more of just conversing. I don't know if that made sense, but it wasn't a hardship to listen to and I think a lot of people walked away with a little something from him.

Here are the newlyweds:


We didn't bring our camera to the reception which turned out to be a good thing because WE DANCED THE ENTIRE FREAKING NIGHT!!! I could barely walk this morning! Love my new shoes - no blisters - BUT my toes aren't used to high heels. In any case it was great!

Here is the only picture with me in it from the ceremony and it was obviously an accidental pic:

There are 4 songs that need to be played at any Beck wedding:

I Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock N Roll

The Broom Dance song - I can't remember what it's called but you literally dance with a broom

Rasputin for some good ole fashion russian dancing with Uncle Fidele

Beat It by Michael Jackson for cousin Darcy to dance to. It's great fun! He's got a whole routine choreographed..

So, all in all, it was one heck of a party, can't wait to see the pictures!

And today the boys went to a bowling birthday party. They loved it! Joey's turning out to be quite a good bowler. I think his final score was 114, not too shabby! Alex didn't break a hundred, it was close though 97 or 98. I'm thinking that maybe they could take up bowling as an extracurricular activity. Is that dorky? I never hear of anyone's kids being in a bowling league?!

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Can I just say you looked fabulous Saturday? You've cut your hair and it looks so fun! Of course, it's the sassy toes that add to all that pizazz!:)

Jenn said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Tamara looked beautiful!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's your name on NaBloPoMo(what a weird name)I'm pretty sure my name is just Nat! I hear you about not being able to blog, we're knee deep in some home reno's and there isn't that much time left anymore:(.