Sunday, August 01, 2010

According to the doc I'm hyper

Ha ha, you already knew that! What you don't know is that I have severe hypertension.

After all the poking, prodding, pee'ing, and holding my breath I now have an official diagnosis.

Whee!

Really, I think I'm okay with it. It could have been much much worse than severe hypertension.

My cardiologist was suprised my family doctor caught it at my yearly physical as I have zero symptoms besides my high blood pressure. My diet is good, I exercise enough, zero complaints or things I need to work on. Maybe reduce stress in my life. But seriously, I just came back from Mexico ?!? How can I be stressed?

So, I've now I'll be on meds to control my blood pressure and all should be good.

What can I say? Like father, like daughter.

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Lesley, here's hoping that it stops with you! Glad it's something that can be addressed and perhaps you should lighten up your schedule just a bit!!!!

Love the new fresh blog appearance!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new blog layout, and I am sorry to hear that you have that, it it something that may go away or will it always be with you? Hope you are well!
Krista.

Tracy DeLuca said...

I've been on meds for hypertension for years. I hate taking them! BUT at least they have meds to help now...

Mrs. M said...

Wow. Glad it's found early and that there are no other symptoms.
My sister drinks this horrible tea which controls hers as she hates being on meds...and she's a nurse...go figure!
Good luck with your new health regime....they'll work and you'll be just fine. Better than being a hyper-hypo (aka SNL).

Likin' the sunny blog look too. Makes me want to be outdoors.