Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Grapes and Chocolate Berries

This is long overdue but worth the wait!
Tonight I caught the boys reading in bed all snuggled up in their quilts that Mom made for them for Christmas.
JTs is Just Grapes and suits his personality. It's funny but when I seen the purple it reminded me instantly of the year he wore a pair of cut off girl corduroy pants as his Hulk shorts. Hilarious!

And then there's the Chocolate Berries which is so Alex. He's the sensitive earthy guy in our family. I think the rustic colours are definitely him. Good picks Mom!
And whom was Alex reading to? Spirit Bear of course, lol. That kid puts a smile on face time and time again - warms the heart. My Mom is definitely a master quilter! One day she might actually start selling them...it will be a long time coming though because she still has a few projects on the go. We all have the "I wants".
Thanks Mom!

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Ahhh! Thanks for the kind words and great photos! You are quite right about the 'I wants' and it's mostly mine!

Jenn said...

Your mom is so talented! They are so beautiful.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I still have the quilt your Mom made for me when I was a baby, i must get my love of quilting from her!
Krista

Goofball said...

lovely pictures