Saturday, August 08, 2009

Why does stuff like this ALWAYS happen to me?

The Good:I have learned to love my treadmill again. We've had an on-again/off-again relationship but we're definitely on the right track now.

The Bad: Aaron's working today and my boys didn't hear me say "I'm going downstairs to run - come see me if you need anything."
The Ugly:Granted this butt isn't ugly BUT it illustrates how short my shorts were when I ran upstairs to answer the repeatedly door bell ringing only to discover my kids were running down the street to the park to go look for me. They couldn't find me and thought perhaps I went to the park. Apparently they'd already been there and back once already only to discover they'd locked themselves out of the house.

Ahem, I guess I won't be jamming along to my iPod anymore while running...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

So funny, I'm sure you thought it was worse then it was. I was at lulu the other day looking for shorts for the race and I tried on some that may have just been that short.

Jenn

Anne said...

I am sure that Joseph is responsible enough to keep an eye on his little brother and would ensure that he didn't get hurt, or lost. Be glad that you didn't have the cops walk into your home answering a 911 call. When Jennifer and Andrea were young, they were bored and thought it would be cool to see what really happenend when you dial 911.
yes, the cops walked into the house to see if there was anything wrong because someone from our home had called 911.

Mrs. M said...

lmao! Oh, Lesley...sorry to take so much pleasure in your embarrasment! Really...it's the power of numbers...we all have funny little boys who have some antics to laugh about (later...after the fact...sometimes much later...)and we all have those moments of...ummm....I'm in my own home and can wear what I want. We won't discuss my husband opening the door to a certain religious group in his boxers and now they come to see me weekly!!! Don't wear your Daisy Dukes to keep the solicitors away...it doesn't work!!