Saturday, June 06, 2009

We did it!


Mother Nature pulled out all the stops today. We woke up to snow on the deck, drove through a bit of sleet this a.m. and in the end the weather was gorg for a 5 K walk. As a group we decided to walk versus run - I was totally down with that :o) We had a mostly overcast walk with a few sprinklers for the last 200 metres. It was fantastic! I wish I had brought my camera to the event. There were some pretty risque costumes as well as pretty innovative ones. The most unique would have to be the guys in red briefs that painted themselves gold and carried a woman on a homemade platform, you know the plywood with a couple 2 by 4s running width wise underneath. It was pretty cool - and pretty fun to watch them maneuver the bridges, lol. Thanks everyone for supporting us :o)

6 comments:

Alberta said...

It was a great day despite all the weather changes...but she was just keeping us on our toes!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You gals looked great in your outfits...although I can't quite read what on your butt.

Lesley said...

Mom's boxers say Cancer Can Kiss My Butt and mine just say Joe Boxer - nothing sassy - but free :o)

Jenn said...

Great Job Ladies, love the bums.

Jenn

Mrs. M said...

Hurray! Am so glad the weather "held out" for you all. I saw a little kilted someone going by on the news and actually thought it might be one of the T&
T group!
Great shots! You girls are so cheeky & brave! LOVE it!!:)

Lucie said...

How do I sign up to be next year's Cleo? Doing the 5K that way would work for me.